Saturday, November 7, 2009

Last Week for Mr. President


Monday, November 2nd:
Briefings
Speech at rally for congressional candidate Owens
Meeting with Swedish Prime Minister
Meeting with advisors
Tuesday, November 3rd:
Briefings
Meetings with German chancellor Merkel
Advisors
His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew
Secretary of Defense Gates
U.S.-European Union Summit
Wednesday, November 4th:
Economic and daily briefings
Ceremony for foreign ambassadors
Trip to Madison, Wisconsin to meet with students and speak on education
Hosts classical music evening
Thursday, November 5th:
White House Tribal Leaders Conference
Briefings, meeting with economic advisors, and meeting with Secretary of State Clinton
Meetings with Treasury Secretary, President of Botswana, and Congressional Hispanic Caucus
President Obama addresses nation on Fort Hood shootings:
Here's the transcript--

THE PRESIDENT: Please, everybody have a seat. Let me first of all just thank Ken and the entire Department of the Interior staff for organizing just an extraordinary conference. I want to thank my Cabinet members and senior administration officials who participated today. I hear that Dr. Joe Medicine Crow was around, and so I want to give a shout-out to that Congressional Medal of Honor winner. It’s good to see you.

My understanding is, is that you had an extremely productive conference. I want to thank all of you for coming and for your efforts, and I want to give you my solemn guarantee that this is not the end of a process but a beginning of a process, and that we are going to follow up. (Applause.) We are going to follow up. Every single member of my team understands that this is a top priority for us. I want you to know that, as I said this morning, this is not something that we just give lip service to. And we are going to keep on working with you to make sure that the first Americans get the best possible chances in life in a way that’s consistent with your extraordinary traditions and culture and values.
Now, I have to say, though, that beyond that, I plan to make some broader remarks about the challenges that lay ahead for Native Americans, as well as collaboration with our administration, but as some of you might have heard, there has been a tragic shooting at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas.

From ABC news, you may read these thoughts on "Obama's Frightening Insensitivity Following Shooting" http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/politics/A-Disconnected-President.html
'Nuf said.
Friday, November 6th
Briefings
Meetings with FBI Director on Ft. Hood shootings and Sec. of State Clinton
Visits Walter Reed Hospital
Meets with Congressman-elect Owens
Saturday, November 7th
Press briefing on Health Care
To Camp David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers