Monday, August 10, 2009

And what about former President Clinton's visit to North Korea?

What is your opinion on President Clinton's private endeavor to free the two American journalists?
Personally, I am thrilled that these two young women are free from jail in North Korea.
But, I wonder, at what price?
While some analysts see this as a coup for the Obama Administration (though the White House denied any contact between President Obama and President Clinton prior to Clinton's visit to North Korea), others feel this was one-upmanship by Kim Jong-Il.
The Secretary of State was in Africa during this time.
She didn't seem to understand that, of course, people wanted to know her husband'a thoughts, since he seemingly was busy doing her work in North Korea--when asked what President Clinton thought about an issue, she replied--
''My husband is not secretary of state, I am,'' said Clinton. ''If you want my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband.''

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers